Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! We love everything chocolate. This may be one of the flavours that almost everybody loves. So, if you’re having to bake something for a bring & share; for your guests or just to treat yourself! Go with this super easy Decadent Fudgy Sea Salt Brownie recipe. We cannot get enough of this brownie recipe! It’s a hit every single time!
I remember noticing the rise in the trend of using Sea Salt in the past few years. Whether pretzels, chips, biscuits or crackers! Everyone was talking about sea salt and I couldn’t quite understand the love for it at first. Until I tried a caramel and sea salt dessert at a restaurant and I was mind blown. The crunch from small sea salt flakes and it’s saltiness balances out the sticky sweetness of caramel.
We’ve had to tweak this recipe a few times until it came out exactly the way we liked it. Sweet and fudgy but not too sweet or cakey, we then added the Sea Salt element. And that took the brownie to a whole new level!
What’s great is that you can have total control on the amount of saltiness you want to add. I also prefer to use the Esko 46% Dark Chocolate, because it is already sweetened, so you don’t need as much sugar. It also has a slight bitterness where you don’t need cocoa powder on top of that. Most of the times with recipes, I prefer to have less ingredients yet more effectiveness. Let’s be honest you don’t want to have to buy a big box of an ingredient which you’ll use once and it stays on a shelf until you have to throw it out. So what’s great about this recipe is that you most probably have ¾ of the recipes already at home.
So let’s get to you finally trying out this Decadant Fudgy Sea Salt Brownie recipe that will have you eating the whole baking tray!
Make sure to check out our other sweet recipes! Also as easy to make!
Decadent Fudgy Brownie with Sea SaltCourse: Something sweetDifficulty: Easy
225g 40% dark chocolate (Esko)
12 tablespoons soft butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
Extra sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line baking tray (square shaped 8-inch is best) if it’s bigger your brownies will be thinner and will cook faster
- Cut chocolate into chunks
- In a pot melt half of the chocolate chunks
- Keep the other ½ to incorporate into the brownie mixture later on
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer, then beat in the eggs and vanilla until the mixture is fluffy and light in color
- Add in the melted chocolate (make sure it has cooled a bit so it doesn’t cook the eggs), sift in the flour and salt
- Fold mixture just until it is well incorporated but do not over mix
- Add in the chocolate chunks and mix evenly, then pour it into the baking tray
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, depending on how fudgy you like your brownies, but not a second more or it’ll end up overcooked and cakes
- Let cool and sprinkle extra sea salt on top of your brownies, this adds some depth and a slightly sweet and salty note which we love!
Recipe adapted from Tasty