The perfect way to end a meal is with this decadent and smooth Vanilla tart, it’s not too sweet and a balance of texture. From the crunchy digestive cookie tart base to the smooth vanilla filling, your guests will love it!
You can also check out the other ways we have made of digestive cookies because of the perfect crunch it gives with our Silky and Smooth dark chocolate tart.
The decadent and smooth Vanilla tart will fit in very well when your main meal was full of strong and different flavours. This tart is almost like cleansing your palette because of how smooth the flavour is, it’s not too over-powering.
There are so many ways to decorate this tart with fresh fruits, pecans, meringues, caramel sauce and so much more. Because Vanilla is so versatile, it can be enhanced or paired with almost anything. Speaking of Meringues, with some of the left over egg whites you can make Meringues to top your tart!
The key is to keep it clean and simple, with ingredients of bold colours in comparison to the light colour of the vanilla filling.
Click here to check out our Festive menu and table setting for even more inspiration!
Decadent and Smooth Vanilla TartCourse: Something Sweet, DessertDifficulty: Easy
- Digestive Cookie tart base
2 packs of Digestive Cookies 225g
1 cup unsalted butter
3 tablespoons sugar
- Vanilla tart filling
1 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla paste or 2 vanilla pods
750ml heavy cream
12 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
- Digestive Cookie Tart Base
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Using a blender to crush the cookies until fine
- Add in butter and sugar then place into tart pan and press it in as evenly as possible. Place in the oven for 12 minutes. Once done remove and let cool
- Vanilla tart filling
- In a pot set on medium heat pour in heavy cream & vanilla paste just until boiling then remove from heat
- In a bowl whisk egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy
- In a slow steady stream pour hot cream over the egg mixture while mixing
- Pour mixture back into the pot & cook on low heat while constantly mixing so the eggs don’t cook too fast and become scrambled eggs, until it thickens slightly, enough to coat the back of a spoon should be just for approximately 1 minute
- Pour vanilla mixture into the digestive cookie tart base and bake in oven at 160C for 20-25 minutes, or until filling has set
Recipe inspired by BBC Food